Juno Calypso created the fictional character 'Joyce' in 2011 whilst studying for her BA in Photography at London College of Communication. 'Joyce' bacame the name of her series of self portraits which she staged in rented bedrooms or hotels, posing as this alter ego, she was able to reenact the private underlife of a woman consumed by the absurd construct of femininity, and carried out to the point of ritualised absurdity. 'Second Self' includes eight works from her latest series 'The Honeymoon Suite' - a continuation of the 'Joyce' series which she created in 2015.
Calypso has been shortlisted for several photography awards since graduating recently including the D&AD Next Photographer Award and the Sky Academy Arts Scholarship. Last year saw her work winning the BJP International Photography Award as well as the Caitlin Art Prize. Juno has exhibited her photography extensively in London and New York as well as exhibiting in Switzerland, Mexico, Miami and South Korea.
- Massage Mask Massage Mask
- Reconstituted Meat Slices Reconstituted Meat Slices
- Seaweed Wrap Seaweed Wrap
- Slender tone Slender tone
- Slender tone 1 Slender tone 1
- The Champagne Suit The Champagne Suit
- The First Night The First Night
- The Honeymoon Suite The Honeymoon Suite